Merger & Acquisition
We possess a wide range of experience in mergers, stock acquisitions, backdoor listings, business transfers, asset transfers, spin-offs, holding company establishments, and hostile M&A within Vietnam. Our lawyers also provide creative and effective solutions based on detailed analysis of specific projects. From the initial client contact to the deal closing, we provide efficient and timely advice on legal structures relevant to each transaction, as well as solutions for any issues that may arise during the course of the transaction.
VB LAW has advised both small and large-scale domestic companies, onshore and offshore investment funds, venture funds, and credit institutions on M&A transactions, share sales and purchase transactions, establishment and operations of investment funds and investment fund management companies, IPO’s and their onshore and offshore listings, and other securities-related transactions.
Our services include the following, but are not limited to:
- Development of strategy and structure for a variety of M&A transactions, such as mergers, acquisition of shares, businesses and assets;
- Direction on corporate governance matters, such as the establishment of a holding company, capital restructuring, and attracting investment;
- Advice on fair trade, tax, labor, and intellectual property issues that arise during the course of M&A transactions;
- Legal due diligence;
- Drafting and review of documentation for legal transactions in both Vietnamese and English; and
- Advice on acquiring control and court filings for hostile M&A transactions.
Recent major transactions:
- Represented Long Hai Securities Company in a US$4.6 million share acquisition transaction with Securitas from Sweden.
- Advised a Hong Kong real estate development company in acquiring a 99% share in a Vietnamese real estate development company.
- Assisted a real estate developer in acquiring shares in a Vietnamese real estate development company.