In the field of environment, we recently assisted in the implementation of a Clean Development Mechanism project provided for in the Kyoto Protocol, Article 12, in Ho Chi Minh City. The project involved the collection of gas from two existing landfill sites (Dong Thanh and Phuoc Hiep) and its conversion into useable energy.
We coordinate with other practice areas to assist our clients with:
- Climate change and alternative energy;
- Renewable energy and sustainability projects;
- Resource development, investigation and licensing;
- Clean-up project development, site investigations and counseling;
- Investment opportunities;
- Licensing agreements and approval proceedings;
- Real estate projects; and
- Contaminated sites, public nuisance investigations, and other environmental tort issues.