Construction & Infrastructure
The construction industry in Vietnam, a highly regulated industry, has grown exponentially over recent years. It has become one of the most important growth sectors and is a significant economic indicator for the overall economy. VB LAW has grown along with this business sector, and we are recognized as one of the top legal firms in construction law and infrastructure development.
Our lawyers have not only helped construction companies, the Vietnamese government, and individuals in the structuring of their corporations, partnerships, joint ventures, and public-private partnerships, but they have also advised and represented several foreign investment funds and domestic enterprises on property and construction projects in Vietnam.
We have advised on all aspects and perspectives in the formulation of construction contracts for both owner's and contractors. We have given our legal opinion on occupational safety and health, safety management, labor regulations, permits and license requirements.
Our depth and breadth of experience has placed VB LAW at the forefront of the public infrastructure market. We have played a significant role in many of the recent successful public-private partnerships, alternative financing, and procurement projects in Vietnam. We act as counsel in any manner to infrastructure industry participants, including: project investors, financiers, governments, governmental authorities and quasi-governmental agencies, technical consultants, engineers, designers, and trade contractors. We also make recommendations for project interaction and partnerships with the government and other regulatory bodies. Our infrastructure experience spans a wide spectrum of projects, including: roads, bridges, electric transmission lines and substation projects.
Some of our services in this area include the following:
- Construction finance, maintenance, guarantees, and infringement of environmental rights;
- Fair trade issues, collusion, and subcontracting;
- Labor issues, industrial safety, and industrial disasters; and
- Redevelopment and reconstruction projects.
Recent major achievements:
- Aided the construction, development, and operation of a residential-commercial-office tower for a domestic joint-stock company.
- Worked to put together a joint-venture construction project for the development and operation of a residential/commercial/office/ entertainment park complex for a Chinese credit institution and Korean real estate developer.
- Advised a listed Singaporean real estate developer on its construction and operation of a residential housing project.