VB LAW has represented both national and international clients in extremely complicated commercial disputes at all levels within the Vietnamese Court system, and in arbitration centers around Vietnam. We have been involved in several leading cases supporting multi-national corporations in the settlement of labor, corporate, commercial, competition, and construction disputes before local courts.
Our clients have selected VB LAW as their counsel because our Vietnamese firm understands the legal philosophy, and procedural rules involved, and because we are adept at analyzing our clients' business environment and strategic position. Types of dispute resolution that we have handled, include: disputes between shareholders, members making capital contributions, between principles and agents, debt recovery, labor-related disputes, contract performance, and torts.
Our litigation team has a well-founded reputation for excellence in advocacy, practicality, sound judgment, and professionalism. VB LAW's approach to dispute resolution focuses on understanding our clients' needs and providing pragmatic advice and cost-effective results. We explore all methods of dispute resolution to achieve our clients' objectives and litigate aggressively when appropriate. With the firm's portfolio of expertise, and national and international presence, VB LAW is well suited to manage effectively complex litigation.
Our seasoned attorneys, as our client’s will attest to, are skilled at reading current market trends and continually communicate with experts from diverse areas to investigate disputes. Some of the specific dispute areas handled by our litigation team consist of the following:
- Finance, Securities, Insurance litigation;
- M&A and Corporate litigation;
- Antitrust and Competition litigation;
- IP litigation;
- Real Estate & Construction litigation;
- Labor litigation;
- International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution; and
- Shipping and Aviation litigation.
Recent major achievements:
- Represented a Vietnamese seafood exporter on a trade dispute initiated by the US Government against a group of Chinese, Hong Kong, Singaporean and Vietnamese producers before the US Court of International Trade.
- Represented members of the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters (VASEP) in the very well-known catfish anti-dumping case before the US International Trade Commission and the US Department of Commerce.
- Advised members of the Vietnam Leather & Footwear Association (LEFASO) on another well-known footwear anti-dumping case that went before the European Commission.