VB LAW has been at the forefront of establishing and refining corporate governance procedures for Vietnamese and foreign-invested companies in both the private and public sectors. We regularly advise senior directors on their obligations and duties in relation to specific transactions. We also keep permanent working relations with various governmental and regulatory agencies in Vietnam to allow us to access the resources necessary to produce timely and effective results for our clients.
At VB LAW, we understand that businesses evolve quickly into complex organizations and that client needs are broadly defined. Consequently, commercial agreements can be as different and varied as businesses themselves. There are no two identical agreements; each is surrounded with its own unique possibilities and challenges. This understanding, along with our business acumen, enables us to negotiate and prepare a diversity of contracts and agreements.
We bring extraordinary value and insight into all negotiations and contractual arrangements. Our goal is to contribute to our client’s success by providing timely and accurate legal services. Our experience has included the following areas:
- Shareholders and board of directors composition, operation, and other corporate governance matters
- Establishment and operation of corporation
- Advice on management right dispute
- Commercial agreements
- Outsourcing and commercial leases
- Licensing and franchising
- Labor and employment
Recent major achievements:
- Assisted a 100% foreign owned enterprise to set up the first completely automated cold storage warehouse in Vietnam.
- Advised a group of Korean investors on how to form a joint venture enterprise.
- Counseled an investment fund on its share acquisition of several real estate projects.
- Worked with the Board of Management in Ho Chi Minh City on the preparation of the turnkey EPC contract for a substation project at the high-tech park - A project requiring extensive negotiation between the Government of Vietnam and Intel Corporation.