VB LAW has advised and represented clients in all major areas of information technology, intellectual property, and transfer transactions. Our activities have extended from traditional intellectual property practice, involving the acquisition, transfer and litigation of copyright and industrial design rights, through, to more recent forms of intellectual property, including: advertising and marketing, food and drugs, entertainment, publishing, computer contracting, merchandising and IP-related corporate transactions.
We have also focused on advising clients mainly engaged in the information technology sector on their day-to-day operations and design and implementation of their investment in Vietnam.
Regarding intellectual property, we are actively involved in registration for the protection of intellectual property rights, product licensing, franchising, and with infringement of intellectual property rights.
Our practice, related to intellectual property, includes:
- Search and registration of patents, trademarks, copyrights, utility models and designs;
- Administrative and judicial actions;
- Intellectual property rulings on patents, design and trademarks;
- Intellectual property transfer and license agreements;
- Infringement of trade secrets;
- Unfair competition disputes;
- Image rights, publicity rights, and character merchandising;
- Trademark services, such as trade names, trade dress, and domain names;
- Online digital content and databases;
- Patent infringement warning letters;
- Registration and use of geographic indicators; and
- Strategic intellectual property counseling.
Recent major achievements:
- Trademark registration for a Malaysian healthcare clinic.
- Obtained trademark registration, domain registration, and licensing to establish a website for a foreign HR services company.
- Advised one of the biggest Vietnamese jewelry companies on their IP contracts.